Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Charles Benett <ch...@benett1.demon.co.uk> on 2001/04/28 12:26:17 UTC

Re: [logkit] Category setting

-1 (temp) Can you hold off for a few days?

I'm not happy with the way James logs (using logkit). At the moment I
don't know if that is because (1) I don't understand logkit (2) james
isn't implementing logkit properly or (3) there are issues with logkit.

This isn't helped by a commit of cornerstone in James with a broken
scheduler (so james cvs isn't running at the moment). Once that is fixed
(and package names changed) I'll try to explain what I don't like about
its logging - but I think its the way it currently handles categories.

Charles