Posted to pluto-user@portals.apache.org by terry li <Sp...@sqatester.com> on 2003/12/02 02:41:05 UTC

Preference Attributes Scope problems with Pluto

Hi all,
  In Portlet Specs1.0 , it said "Portlet Specification assumes preference attributes are user specific,it does not make any
provision at API level or at semantic level for sharing preference attributes among users."

  But when i store an attibute with one user in Pluto, for example , AttrPrice=1000 , then getValue("AttrPrice") of the attribute with another user, it does get it. and if modify the attribute , then can affect first user too, why ?  Thanks very much!

Terry

Join SQAtester.com Community  ---> http://www.sqatester.com/testersarea/joinus.htm

Re: Preference Attributes Scope problems with Pluto

Posted by Stefan Hepper <st...@hursley.ibm.com>.
that's correct Viktor, the sample portal is not multi-user enabled. You
should use jetspeed-2 as portal for scenarios beyond simple tests that
has the pluto container integrated and provides a full-blown portal.

Stefan

Posted by Viktor Malytskyy <vi...@rogers.com>.
Hi Terry!