Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net> on 2009/10/21 15:16:09 UTC

Re: Maven Surefire Plugin don't run JUnit tests if TestNG in dependencies

According to
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-surefire-plugin/usage.html
it should work with both TestNG and JUnit.

What I'm wondering about is why TestNG is getting into your classpath. Your
dependency should typically have a test scope dependency to TestNG, which
will be omitted in the transitive dependency. Something is strange here. Or
do you have a dependency to an artifact including test classes which have
compile scope dependency to TestNG?

One way to solve this is to add a dependency exclusion for TestNG on your
dependency.

/Anders

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.
I'd say that if it doesn't work for you and you have a project that
re-produces this, file a bug report.

/Anders

Posted by Bulat Nigmatullin <b2...@rambler.ru>.

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.
If you have a project to reproduce, it would be great if you created a jira
so that it could be fixed.
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/SUREFIRE

/Anders

Posted by Bulat Nigmatullin <b2...@rambler.ru>.