Posted to ddlutils-user@db.apache.org by Pentti Kavanagh <pe...@talgentra.com> on 2007/03/12 15:00:13 UTC

Error when running databaseToDdl task to dump data to xml file on oracle10 database

Hi,

I am using the ddlutils ant task 'databaseToDdl' to dump some data to an
xml file.

The task fails with this error:-

org.apache.ddlutils.model.ModelException: There are multiple column with
the name V2_ACCOUNT_NO in the table ACCOUNT_DETAILS

Here is my ant script:-

     <target name="data-dump" description="Dumps the database data">
		<taskdef name="databaseToDdl"

classname="org.apache.ddlutils.task.DatabaseToDdlTask">
			<classpath refid="runtime-classpath" />
		</taskdef>
		<databaseToDdl modelName="PerfModel" verbosity="debug"
			databaseType="oracle10" schemapattern="TEST34">
			<database
url="jdbc:oracle:thin:@devperfdb3:1521:perf"

driverClassName="oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver"
				username="TEST34" password="password"/>
			<writeDataToFile outputFile="perf-data.xml"/>
		</databaseToDdl>
	</target>

I can successfully run the writeSchemaToFile element on the same
database schema.

Obviously my the table ACCOUNT_DETAILS only has one V2_ACCOUNT_NO
column.

Any ideas why I am getting this problem?

Thanks in advance,

Pentti

RE: Error when running databaseToDdl task to dump data to xml file on oracle10 database

Posted by Pentti Kavanagh <pe...@talgentra.com>.
Hi,

I have run ant with -debug, please see attached console output.

It appears that the writeDataToFile task is running though other schemas
in the same database.   I dropped the other schema with the
ACCOUNT_DETAILS table and now it is reporting the same error with a
different table (which exists in a another schema on the database).

Thanks,

Pentti

> I am using the ddlutils ant task 'databaseToDdl' to dump some data to
> an xml file.
>
> The task fails with this error:-
>
> org.apache.ddlutils.model.ModelException: There are multiple column
> with the name V2_ACCOUNT_NO in the table ACCOUNT_DETAILS
>
> Here is my ant script:-
>
>      <target name="data-dump" description="Dumps the database data">
>                 <taskdef name="databaseToDdl"
>
> classname="org.apache.ddlutils.task.DatabaseToDdlTask">
>                         <classpath refid="runtime-classpath" />
>                 </taskdef>
>                 <databaseToDdl modelName="PerfModel" verbosity="debug"
>                         databaseType="oracle10"
schemapattern="TEST34">
>                         <database
> url="jdbc:oracle:thin:@devperfdb3:1521:perf"
>
> driverClassName="oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver"
>                                 username="TEST34"
password="password"/>
>                         <writeDataToFile outputFile="perf-data.xml"/>
>                 </databaseToDdl>
>         </target>
>
> I can successfully run the writeSchemaToFile element on the same
> database schema.
>
> Obviously my the table ACCOUNT_DETAILS only has one V2_ACCOUNT_NO
> column.
>
> Any ideas why I am getting this problem?

That is odd. Could you turn on debug logging to see whether there is
something interesting in there ?

Tom

Re: Error when running databaseToDdl task to dump data to xml file on oracle10 database

Posted by Thomas Dudziak <to...@gmail.com>.