Posted to users@maven.apache.org by javijava <we...@gmail.com> on 2007/12/05 14:30:11 UTC

auto-deploy 3rd party files

Hi,

I see that people use mvn deploy:deploy-file     to  put ONE jar into a
remote repository.
Or with an ant task, can say the path of some file to deploy too.

But what happend if a proyect have 100 3rd party jars?
we must do 100 deploy-file  ??

There is some way..to tell maven that must find the  necessary jars to run a
project
and deploy all the same time?

thanks a lot

Re: auto-deploy 3rd party files

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
Generally, people would write a script (Bash, Ksh, Perl, Python, Ruby,
etc) to do this for them. I seem to recall reading one that someone
wrote some time -- it was either posted on this list, or on the
Internet. Try Googling for it, or write it yourself from scratch --
should be pretty simple.

Wayne

On 12/5/07, javijava <we...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I see that people use mvn deploy:deploy-file     to  put ONE jar into a
> remote repository.
> Or with an ant task, can say the path of some file to deploy too.
>
> But what happend if a proyect have 100 3rd party jars?
> we must do 100 deploy-file  ??
>
> There is some way..to tell maven that must find the  necessary jars to run a
> project
> and deploy all the same time?
>
> thanks a lot

Re: auto-deploy 3rd party files

Posted by Ro...@toyota.com.au.
Hi,

If you don't use any maven proxy, you could simply copy all of the
libraries across to your repository and write a script to generate basic
pom.xmls and the checksums. You just need to understand how he repoitory
is structured.

Alternatively, you could also write a script to run deploy-file for all
your jars.Shouldn't be too hard at all if you dont care too much about
dependencies in side each of the pom file.

Cheers,
rOnn c.

javijava <we...@gmail.com>
12/06/2007 12:30 AM
Please respond to
"Maven Users List" <us...@maven.apache.org>

users@maven.apache.org
cc

Subject
auto-deploy 3rd party files

Hi,

I see that people use mvn deploy:deploy-file     to  put ONE jar into a
remote repository.
Or with an ant task, can say the path of some file to deploy too.

But what happend if a proyect have 100 3rd party jars?
we must do 100 deploy-file  ??

There is some way..to tell maven that must find the  necessary jars to run
project
and deploy all the same time?

thanks a lot

DISCLAIMER:
This email and any attachment may contain confidential information.
If you are not the intended recipient you are not authorized to copy
or disclose all or any part of it without the prior written consent
of Toyota.

Opinions expressed in this email and any attachments are those of the
sender and not necessarily the opinions of Toyota.
Please scan this email and any attachment(s) for viruses.
Toyota does not accept any responsibility for problems caused by
viruses, whether it is Toyota's fault or not.