Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by sunil chandran <su...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/23 13:22:56 UTC

setting up two tomcat instance on a single machine

Hello,

 Please help me to set up two tomcat on single machine.

i mean tomcat 51 and tomcat 52.

i have created two directories of tomcat 51 and 52. now in server.xml of
both the tomcat i have done some changes on server port and on JK2 Connector
side. is it enough..please help me know more about the "cluster" part in
server.xml part of tomcat.

--
Sunil

Re: setting up two tomcat instance on a single machine

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

Re: setting up two tomcat instance on a single machine

Posted by sunil chandran <su...@gmail.com>.
hello all,

i do understand that i will face lot of problems..but its just a test PC . i
just want to set up a test environment to see the working of Apache and
tomcat using a connector.
that i why am stiil asking help to implement clustering of tomcat to get two
instance of tomcat working.

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

Re: setting up two tomcat instance on a single machine

Posted by sunil chandran <su...@gmail.com>.
hello ,

Actually my version is Jakarata-tomcat-5.0.28

i am using mod_jk2 ..i know its deprecated but my production environment
still has it..so i need to go forward with it. anyway after hearing lot of
warning from you friends in this forum , i have requested it to the top
division team.

but please help me forward with it now..

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: sunil chandran [mailto:sunilsushil@gmail.com]
> Subject: Re: setting up two tomcat instance on a single machine
>
> i have version 5.1 of tomcat .

There's no such version; what do you really have?

Also note that mod_jk2 has been deprecated for over two years, so you
shouldn't be attempting to use that at all.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.

Re: setting up two tomcat instance on a single machine

Posted by sunil chandran <su...@gmail.com>.
i have version 5.1 of tomcat .
i wanted clustering ...

can u tell me clustering of tomcat without creating more than one tomcat
directory.

i have seen somewhere that there exists two server.xml files for each
instance in one single directory of tomcat 5.

how can i implement it here .

also tell me what to do when it comes to load balancing .

i have set up one tomcat5 and its working fine. i want to know how can i
create two instance . my ultimate aim is load balancing . but it will be
fine if i know both the methods individually.

please help me forward.

Posted by Nuno Manuel Martins <nu...@sonae.com>.
Hi,