Posted to user@vcl.apache.org by "Curtis C." <se...@gmail.com> on 2012/10/21 01:29:10 UTC

What does an image capture actually do? (ie. The password does not meet the password policy requirements )

Hi,

Is there any documentation on what capturing actually does, or am I
just going to have to read the code?

I'm working on getting VCL to use OpenStack as the backend. Capturing
an image is not going so well. I had thought that it  simply placed
the image in the database, but I guess it is doing a lot more, for eg.
setting password policies.

Currently that's the error I'm at in terms of reserving an image,
though that said it has probably not gone through the proper capture
process.

Thanks,
Curtis.

Re: What does an image capture actually do? (ie. The password does not meet the password policy requirements )

Posted by "Curtis C." <se...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 6:36 AM, Aaron Peeler <aa...@ncsu.edu> wrote:
> Hi Curtis,
>
> Yes, it's pretty involved about what is going on when capturing a windows image.

I just changed the password policy in the image, but haven't tried to
capture again. I get a little farther this time, though obviously I'd
like to be able to capture the image properly. Actually I'd rather not
have to "capture" an image at all, but that's a whole other topic. :)

Is what's happening to capture an image documented anywhere?

> Since your using OpenStack on the backend, your probably want to put
> this on the dev mailing list (cc'd).
>
> Can you provide logs related to the reservation? Would like to see if
> it's failing at the OS module or the provisioning module.

I put up some logs from a reservation here, but it's not failing at
the password policy because I changed that in the image.

http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=L5G3qCmx

Thanks,
Curtis.

> Aaron
>

> On Sat, Oct 20, 2012 at 7:29 PM, Curtis C. <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is there any documentation on what capturing actually does, or am I
>> just going to have to read the code?
>>
>> I'm working on getting VCL to use OpenStack as the backend. Capturing
>> an image is not going so well. I had thought that it  simply placed
>> the image in the database, but I guess it is doing a lot more, for eg.
>> setting password policies.
>>
>> Currently that's the error I'm at in terms of reserving an image,
>> though that said it has probably not gone through the proper capture
>> process.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Curtis.
>

> --
> Aaron Peeler
> Program Manager
> Virtual Computing Lab
> NC State University

Twitter: @serverascode
Blog: serverascode.com

Re: What does an image capture actually do? (ie. The password does not meet the password policy requirements )

Posted by "Curtis C." <se...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 6:36 AM, Aaron Peeler <aa...@ncsu.edu> wrote:
> Hi Curtis,
>
> Yes, it's pretty involved about what is going on when capturing a windows image.

I just changed the password policy in the image, but haven't tried to
capture again. I get a little farther this time, though obviously I'd
like to be able to capture the image properly. Actually I'd rather not
have to "capture" an image at all, but that's a whole other topic. :)

Is what's happening to capture an image documented anywhere?

> Since your using OpenStack on the backend, your probably want to put
> this on the dev mailing list (cc'd).
>
> Can you provide logs related to the reservation? Would like to see if
> it's failing at the OS module or the provisioning module.

I put up some logs from a reservation here, but it's not failing at
the password policy because I changed that in the image.

http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=L5G3qCmx

Thanks,
Curtis.

> Aaron
>

> On Sat, Oct 20, 2012 at 7:29 PM, Curtis C. <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is there any documentation on what capturing actually does, or am I
>> just going to have to read the code?
>>
>> I'm working on getting VCL to use OpenStack as the backend. Capturing
>> an image is not going so well. I had thought that it  simply placed
>> the image in the database, but I guess it is doing a lot more, for eg.
>> setting password policies.
>>
>> Currently that's the error I'm at in terms of reserving an image,
>> though that said it has probably not gone through the proper capture
>> process.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Curtis.
>

> --
> Aaron Peeler
> Program Manager
> Virtual Computing Lab
> NC State University

Twitter: @serverascode
Blog: serverascode.com

Re: What does an image capture actually do? (ie. The password does not meet the password policy requirements )

Posted by Aaron Peeler <aa...@ncsu.edu>.
Hi Curtis,

--
Aaron Peeler
Program Manager

Re: What does an image capture actually do? (ie. The password does not meet the password policy requirements )

Posted by Aaron Peeler <aa...@ncsu.edu>.
Hi Curtis,

--
Aaron Peeler