Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Corné A <tr...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/10 17:07:33 UTC

Multiple PersistenceManagers

Hi,

 We have a dispute amongst our developers and can't decide on wich
 PersistenceManager to use on a run a linux 10 box.

 some are in favor of a Database PM
 (org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle.MySqlPersistenceManager)
 and some for the File-System PM.

 Main arguments concern performance and backup.

 Since I think just using both in real-life will resolve the issue.
 So is it possible to maintain 2 PersistenceManagers so we can still
 make a switch.

 Thanks
 Corné

Re: Multiple PersistenceManagers

Posted by Corné A <tr...@gmail.com>.
Thanks I do understand now i first read this
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atomicity_%28disambiguation%29
but that didn't give me clue

Posted by Thomas Mueller <th...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I don't really get the

Posted by Corné A <tr...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for your reply Thomas,

And indeed I read the FAQ's and Wiki but I don't really get the
concept of 'Atomic' and multiple Perisistance.

Some wild grasp; couldn't I use 2 'Workspaces'  with differrent
PersistenceManager?

Corné

2008/3/10, Thomas Mueller

Posted by Thomas Mueller <th...@gmail.com>.