Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Bruno Aranda <br...@gmail.com> on 2007/01/09 00:57:48 UTC

[faces 1.2] stuck with ViewHandler implementation

Hi devs,

I have been spending some time trying to implement
org.apache.myfaces.application.jsp.JspViewHandlerImpl, which is the myfaces
implementation for the ViewHandler. As you might know, now the viewhandler
is the responsible of invoking the renderers (invoking UIVIewRoot.encodeAll).
I am having some problems to write the response into the page (I can write
it to the console though, as the current code in the SVN repo is doing). Any
help or suggestions will be appreciated!
The code to replace the state part of the response is not implemented yet. I
was just trying to output the code created by the renderers into the page. I
have checked in a test webapp that can be used to test myfaces 1.2. Of
course, now you will get a blank page with only the html and body tags, but
nothing from within the f:view tags. The view is generated correctly in the
server, as you can see in the output. To test, I am deploying that webapp in
a tomcat 6 instance.
Help! This is an important step for the implementation :-)

Cheers,

Bruno

P.S. The implementation can be found here:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/myfaces/current12