Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by pieroxy <pi...@pieroxy.net> on 2012/07/24 16:26:28 UTC

Postmaster notification on delivery failure

Hi,

I have a 2.3.2 server running just fine. There is one thing I'd like to do
though: get a notification whenever a mail fails to be sent for reasons
detectable by the server, such as a typo in the domain name resulting in a
mail address that point to no server at all.

I have noticed that after the required number of retries, the mail get
bounced in the "relay-denied" subfolder of my file store. So I've
uncommented the <mailet match="All" class="NotifyPostmaster"/> line in the
processor "relay-denied" (config.xml) to no avail, I still receive no mail
at all whenever I try to send something to "
test@sdkjghfksdjghfksjdghkfsdjgh.net".

The "postmaster" tag at the beginning of config.xml is set to "
pieroxy@gmail.com" and I can send emails to this address through James.

Am I missing something ? I can post the complete config.xml file if needed.

Thanks for any help.

--
-- pieroxy