Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Devlin <rb...@ofiglobal.com> on 2017/10/12 00:04:49 UTC

Should master/slave brokers share tmp_storage directory?

It's my understanding with kahadb the store folder location is shared between
master and slave brokers using the following config:

   <persistenceAdapter>
            <kahaDB  directory="/mystore/kahadb"/>
   </persistenceAdapter>

Why is it that temp storage does not use the same, shared location? By
default, the location for tmp_storage appears to be local to the broker
itself:

2017-10-11 11:57:30,424 [AMQ-1-thread-1 ] INFO  PListStoreImpl
- PListStore:
[/opt/activemq/data/amqdata/seattlebroker-a1/tmp_storage] started
2017-10-11 11:57:30,603 [AMQ-1-thread-1 ] DEBUG KahaDBStore
- Store OpenWire version configured as: 6

For master/slave broker groups, should the temp storage location be shared
with explicit config like this?

<broker tmpDataDirectory="/mystore/kahadb/tmp_storage"/>

Re: Should master/slave brokers share tmp_storage directory?

Posted by Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>.
No, it should not be shared between brokers.

The temp store is for holding content that overflows from the memory store.
The memory store contains only non-persistent messages, which do not
survive a broker restart (or a failover), so the temp store should not
either.

Tim