Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Developer <bb...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/14 20:39:45 UTC

My posts are NOT getting accepted by the mailing list.

For some reason, my posts are not getting accepted my mailing list even
though I am a subscriber for more than 3 years now. Did anything change in
recent past? Do I need to subscribe to this list again?

Posted by Developer <bb...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Shawn. Actually some of my posts are still pending while others were
successfully accepted by mailing list. I never used HTML formatting.. but
hopefully I am not listed as a spammer

Posted by Shawn Heisey <so...@elyograg.org>.
On 10/14/2013 12:39 PM, Developer wrote:
> For some reason, my posts are not getting accepted my mailing list even
> though I am a subscriber for more than 3 years now. Did anything change in
> recent past? Do I need to subscribe to this list again?

One of the most common reasons that email will get rejected by a mailing
list is because it is in HTML format.  HTML email is automatically
treated as potentially suspicious (given a higher spam score) by spam
filtering software.  If you can switch to plain text format, you may
find that it has an easier time getting through.

Also, there have been a lot of problems recently with homegrown spam
filter solutions and email coming from gmail.  Google is apparently
doing some unusual things and the rest of the world is having a hard
time keeping up.  Because spamassassin is an apache project, it is
likely that Apache uses spamassassin and other software in a homegrown
filtering solution.

Thanks,
Shawn