Posted to user@giraph.apache.org by 陆峰 <lu...@zhihuiya.com> on 2013/08/13 11:07:57 UTC

quick start tutorial errors

Hi All

When I start to use Giraph using this tutorial [0], I find some problems.

1. su - hdadmin
can not switch to hdadmin user, need to add hdadmin user first

2. hdfs-site.xml configuration error

</property>

missing description tag.

thanks.

[0] http://giraph.apache.org/quick_start.html

--
Don't Grow Old, Grow Up.

Re: quick start tutorial errors

Posted by Yazan Boshmaf <bo...@ece.ubc.ca>.
For the first point, the tutorial assumes you have an admin account
called "hdadmin". The error indicates that you haven't created the
account. The details are in the "Overview" section (Ubuntu Server
configuration).

The second is a typo. The <description> tag needs to be removed. I
will patch this up.

Cheers,
Yazan

Posted by Kyle Orlando <ky...@gmail.com>.