Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by Jeff Marshall <jm...@cavion.com> on 2001/06/07 14:20:57 UTC

Login with admin.

I downloaded from cvs this morning and I know there is on going work on
the customizer.  The turbine user logs in but the admin user gets the
exception below.  Once this is thrown, navigation for the session keeps
throwing a similar exception.

Horrible Exception:
org.apache.velocity.exception.ResourceNotFoundException: Unable to find
resource 'screens/Error'
        at
org.apache.velocity.runtime.resource.ResourceManager.getResource(ResourceManager.java)

        at org.apache.velocity.runtime.Runtime.getTemplate(Runtime.java)

        at org.apache.velocity.app.Velocity.mergeTemplate(Velocity.java)

        at org.apache.velocity.app.Velocity.mergeTemplate(Velocity.java)

rethrown as org.apache.turbine.util.TurbineException: Error rendering
Velocity template: screens/Error: Unable to find resource
'screens/Error'
        at
org.apache.turbine.services.velocity.TurbineVelocityService.renderingError(TurbineVelocityService.java:392)

        at
org.apache.turbine.services.velocity.TurbineVelocityService.decodeRequest(TurbineVelocityService.java:356)

rethrown as org.apache.turbine.util.TurbineException: Error rendering
Velocity template: screens/Error: Error rendering Velocity template:
screens/Error: Unable to find resource 'screens/Error'
        at
org.apache.turbine.services.velocity.TurbineVelocityService.renderingError(TurbineVelocityService.java:392)

        at
org.apache.turbine.services.velocity.TurbineVelocityService.handleRequest(TurbineVelocityService.java:252)

        at
org.apache.turbine.services.velocity.TurbineVelocity.handleRequest(TurbineVelocity.java:109)

        at
org.apache.turbine.modules.screens.VelocityScreen.buildTemplate(VelocityScreen.java:169)

        at
org.apache.turbine.modules.screens.TemplateScreen.doBuild(TemplateScreen.java:130)

        at org.apache.turbine.modules.Screen.build(Screen.java:99)
        at
org.apache.turbine.modules.ScreenLoader.eval(ScreenLoader.java:129)
        at
org.apache.turbine.modules.layouts.VelocityOnlyLayout.doBuild(VelocityOnlyLayout.java:98)

        at org.apache.turbine.modules.Layout.build(Layout.java:91)
        at
org.apache.turbine.modules.LayoutLoader.exec(LayoutLoader.java:123)
        at
org.apache.turbine.modules.pages.DefaultPage.doBuild(DefaultPage.java:166)

        at org.apache.turbine.modules.Page.build(Page.java:90)
        at
org.apache.turbine.modules.PageLoader.exec(PageLoader.java:123)
        at org.apache.turbine.Turbine.doGet(Turbine.java:447)
        at org.apache.turbine.Turbine.doPost(Turbine.java:537)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.facade.ServletHandler.doService(ServletHandler.java:500)

        at
org.apache.tomcat.facade.ServletHandler.service(ServletHandler.java:448)

        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.internalService(ContextManager.java:788)

        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:701)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.modules.server.Http10Interceptor.processConnection(Http10Interceptor.java:143)

        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:424)

        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:497)

        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

Jeff

Re: Login with admin.

Posted by Raphaƫl Luta <ra...@networks.groupvu.com>.
Jeff Marshall wrote:

> I downloaded from cvs this morning and I know there is on going work on
> the customizer.  The turbine user logs in but the admin user gets the
> exception below.  Once this is thrown, navigation for the session keeps
> throwing a similar exception.

If you use the default TR.p and JR.p with the CVS, what happens is that
until Turbine supports our kind of template translation (ie with locale
and mime type), screens will not map simply to templates because in this
case the

screens/Error should map to screens/html/Error.vm which exists but Turbine
only looks for screens/Error.vm which doesn't.

I'm currently trying to see how to properly support screen params but in
the meanwhile you can have 3 easy fixes:
- track where the screen is called and change setScreen() to setScreenTemplate()
  which is correctly handled
- modify TR.p to use html/Error as the default error screen (not sure it works
  though and it will break the WML error support)
- copy screens/html/Error.vm to screens/Error.vm (this will break WML support too)

I think this issue should be solved tonight or tomorrow.

Vivendi Universal Networks - Paris