Posted to dev@zookeeper.apache.org by Makarand Manohar Sarmalkar Manohar Sarmalkar <ms...@mobiquityinc.com> on 2018/01/24 08:52:35 UTC

Stable version for SSL/TLS support

Hello,

We want to enable SSL/TLS communication for Kafka and Zookeeper.
For Zookeeper, I found a JIRA ticket "https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-2125 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-2125>" which has fix version as 3.5.1, 3.6.0. which apparently means SSL is enabled in 3.5.1 version. but versions 3.5.1 and above are alpha and beta. ( can not use in production )

So can you please help me with the version which is stable and supports SSL/TLS communication?
In case, there is no stable version yet, Will there be any stable release available in coming weeks?

--
Thanks & Regards
Makarand Sarmalkar

Re: Stable version for SSL/TLS support

Posted by Abraham Fine <af...@apache.org>.
Hi Makarand-

There are no currently stable versions of ZooKeeper that support SSL and I cannot comment as to when they will be available.

To the best of my knowledge there is no ongoing effort to backport TLS support to 3.4.

Thanks,
Abe

Posted by Andor Molnar <an...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Makarand,