Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Bruno Aranda <br...@gmail.com> on 2006/06/13 22:17:05 UTC

Components not working with the RI (after extermination of the dummyForm)

Hi,

After removing the dummyForm functionality, there are components based
on link navigation that don't work with the JSF-Ri, such as the
panelNavigation2 (and the tree, but that one IMO should be
deprecated).
If t:commandLink is deprecated, t:commandNavigation should be
deprecated too, but then we should have an alternative or a different
implementation of commandNavigation. I would go for the latter now...

Your thoughts?

Bruno

Re: Components not working with the RI (after extermination of the dummyForm)

Posted by Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at>.
Hi!
> If t:commandLink is deprecated, t:commandNavigation should be
> deprecated too, but then we should have an alternative or a different
> implementation of commandNavigation.
After a quick look at HtmlNavigationRenderer I think it should be
possible to use delegation instead of inheritance to make it work again.

So one has to duplicate all h:commandLink attributes to the
HtmlCommandNavigation component and then creates the real command link
using createComponent and delegate to this instance.

Well, I am not sure but might work.
If it works, the component will work with any kind of JSF impl then.

Ciao,
Mario

Re: Components not working with the RI (after extermination of the dummyForm)

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
yea,
+1 on that.

When trinidad's incubation is done, it is definitly time to figure out
some merging components, validators and so forth.

-Matthias

--
Matthias Wessendorf
Aechterhoek 18