Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Milind Rao <mi...@bellsouth.net> on 2003/12/17 13:42:53 UTC

Fallback Error Handler

I need to access the backup appender in the fallback error handler of a primary appender, but there is no method to
access it and the appender is package private.  I have subclassed the FallbackErrorHandler class to redefine the
setBackupAppender method and added a getBackupAppender method.

But I was curious as to why there isn't a public accessor.  Is what I'm doing not advisable?

Regards
Milind

Re: Fallback Error Handler

Posted by Ceki Gülcü <ce...@qos.ch>.
Hello Milind,

FallbackErrorHandler was not designed/intended to be sub-classed. Hence,
the private accessor. If you think there is value in sub-classing
FallbackErrorHandler we can certainly accomodate your wish. A patch would
be handy!

I hope this answers your question,

--
Ceki Gülcü