Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Vries, Jakob de" <j....@auping.nl> on 2004/02/13 11:34:50 UTC

IIS5 and Tomcat5

Hello,

I have Tomact installed on a W2K server.
When I start the Tomcat service the service stops after a short time and
wrote some messages in the stderr.log file.
This is a copy of the stderr.log file
---------------------
Feb 12, 2004 2:41:59 PM org.apache.commons.digester.Digester fatalError
SEVERE: Parse Fatal Error at line 360 column 9: The element type "Context"
must be terminated by the matching end-tag "</Context>".
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The element type "Context" must be terminated
by the matching end-tag "</Context>".
	at
org.apache.xerces.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.createSAXParseException(Unknown
Source)
	at org.apache.xerces.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.fatalError(Unknown
Source)
	at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(Unknown
Source)
	at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(Unknown
Source)
	at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLScanner.reportFatalError(Unknown
Source)
	at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanEndElement(Unknown
Source)
	at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDispatc
her.dispatch(Unknown Source)
	at
Source)
Source)
Source)
	at org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.parse(Digester.java:1548)
	at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.load(Catalina.java:532)
	at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.load(Catalina.java:570)
	at
)
	at
.java:25)
	at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.load(Bootstrap.java:260)
	at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:397)
--------------------------------

Who can tell me wich file is the syntax wrong?

Greetings

Jake DeVries

Re: IIS5 and Tomcat5

Posted by David Smith <dn...@cornell.edu>.
>Feb 12, 2004 2:41:59 PM org.apache.commons.digester.Digester fatalError
>SEVERE: Parse Fatal Error at line 360 column 9: The element type "Context"
>must be terminated by the matching end-tag "</Context>".
>org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The element type "Context" must be terminated
by the matching end-tag "</Context>".

Judging by your error message, your webapp's context xml file or your
server.xml file has an error.  Check for case match and spelling
errors in the <Context> begin and end tags as well as the immediate
child elements of <Context>.  Also be sure quotes opened in tag
attributes are closed.  I can't count the number of times where I
forgot a quote, opened an element when I meant to close it, or just
misspelled the element all together.

NetBeans IDE or some other xml highlighting text editor should be
able to help find the problem.

--David

RE: IIS5 and Tomcat5

Posted by Johan Coens <j....@thefactore.com>.
Hello Jacob,

Check your server.xml and look for <Context ... It must be closed by either
<Context... /> or <Context ...> .... </Context>

Cheers,
Johan