Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Lahiru Gunathilake <gl...@gmail.com> on 2011/09/25 18:09:11 UTC

Use jackrabbit in the same java process

Hi all,

Does jackrabbit has an embedded version of it ? Can I start Jackrabbit
instance in my java process itself and access it rather starting a separate
java process ?

Regards
Lahiru

--
System Analyst Programmer
PTI Lab

Re: Use jackrabbit in the same java process

Posted by Stefan Guggisberg <st...@gmail.com>.
http://jackrabbit.apache.org/getting-started-with-apache-jackrabbit.html
http://jackrabbit.apache.org/first-hops.html

cheers
stefan

Posted by "Furst, Carl" <Ca...@mlb.com>.
The only caveat is memory.. I did this with my webapp and the jvm grew by at
least 200 MB especially Heap. So, if we are just using a simple
functionality, is there a way to curb Jackrabbits memory hunger?

Thanks,

Carl Furst

Posted by Lahiru Gunathilake <gl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Justin Edelson <ju...@justinedelson.com>.