Posted to dev@plc4x.apache.org by Patrick Boisclair <pb...@noovelia.com> on 2020/10/23 01:49:44 UTC

Kotlin and PLC4x

Hello,

I would like to know if there is any "Contraindication" to use Kotlin with PLC4X.

Any "unexpexted" behavior known ?

Coroutines working well ?

Thank you very much for your response and especially on your fantastic work !

Best regards

Patrick Boisclair
Analyste - Programmeur senior / Senior Analyst Programmer

[cid:imagec2cd00.PNG@67d4e71d.43bcd13e]<https://www.noovelia.com>

462, rue des Forges, Trois-Rivières (Québec) G9A 2H5 CANADA
noovelia.com<https://www.noovelia.com>

"Veuillez noter ma nouvelle adresse courriel. / Please note my new email address."

RE: Kotlin and PLC4x

Posted by Otto Fowler <ot...@gmail.com>.
 I don’t know Kotlin, I would be interested to hear is anyone has any
experience doing that with plc4x, you may have to blaze a trail.

On October 27, 2020 at 11:41:45, Patrick Boisclair (pboisclair@noovelia.com)
wrote:

I mean using Kotlin to call PL4Cx

Like building a MicroService with Kotlin and Ktor or Spring Boot (for
example) that uses PLC4x

Patrick Boisclair
Analyste - Programmeur senior / Senior Analyst Programmer

<https://www.noovelia.com>

462, rue des Forges, Trois-Rivières (Québec) G9A 2H5 CANADA
noovelia.com <https://www.noovelia.com>

*"Veuillez noter ma nouvelle adresse courriel. / Please note my new email
address." *
------------------------------
Do you mean using Kotlin to call PLC4x?  or Using Kotlin to implement
things in plc4x?

!

Best regards

Patrick Boisclair
Analyste - Programmeur senior / Senior Analyst Programmer

<https://www.noovelia.com>
<https://www.noovelia.com/>
Noovelia - Business management software and process automation
<https://www.noovelia.com/>
www.noovelia.com
Digitize, automate and connect your systems and equipment to increase
business efficiency: optimal logistics, production and inventory management.

RE: Kotlin and PLC4x

Posted by Patrick Boisclair <pb...@noovelia.com>.

[cid:image347907.PNG@602aa507.4aa02e8a]<https://www.noovelia.com>

________________________________

[https://www.noovelia.com/_media/image/342/noovelia-og-image-v2.jpg]<https://www.noovelia.com/>

Re: Kotlin and PLC4x

AW: Kotlin and PLC4x

Posted by Julian Feinauer <j....@pragmaticminds.de>.
Hi folks,

I think it should be sufficient to check thread safety and implement the api in kotlin as Java generated code should work just fine, right?

But as Chris said, any help is appreciated : )

Julian

Von meinem Mobiltelefon gesendet

Von: Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>
Datum: Fr., 23. Okt. 2020, 09:14
An: Patrick Boisclair <pb...@noovelia.com>, dev@plc4x.apache.org
Betreff: Re: Kotlin and PLC4x
Hi Patrick,

Well there shouldn’t be anything preventing you from starting this.

I think we have code generation working in Java, C and Go (Not sure how far the Python folks are with this).
So I think we have a reasonably base of very different languages.

Of course, every new language shows us new things that need a little tweaking (Right now I’m adjusting the C code generation after adding support for Enums with “string” basetype), but in general there shouldn’t be much preventing a PLC4K.

You want to start working on this? I definitely don’t have the time for that. But I could help mentoring you to do it on your own.

Chris

[cid:image001.gif@01D6A91C.E19F4BE0]<https://www.noovelia.com/>

Re: Kotlin and PLC4x