Posted to dev@reef.apache.org by Josh Seol <jo...@gmail.com> on 2014/12/19 07:57:55 UTC

Question About the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE Clause

Hello all,

My name is Josh Seol and I have been working on developing a website for
Apache REEF while interning at Professor Chun's Cloud and Mobile Systems
Lab.

While consolidating all the relevant information about Tang and Wake, I
noticed that the Third Party Software clause at the end of the README.md
files for both Tang (
https://github.com/apache/incubator-reef/blob/master/reef-tang/README.md)
and Wake (
https://github.com/apache/incubator-reef/blob/master/reef-wake/README.md)
mention Microsoft as the lead developer.

The same goes for the README at the Apache REEF GitHub page (
https://github.com/apache/incubator-reef/blob/master/README.md).

Is this an error by any chance?

Thank you,
Josh Seol

Re: Question About the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE Clause

Posted by Byung-Gon Chun <bg...@gmail.com>.
Hi Josh,

Thanks for catching it.
We have to massage those texts to comply with Apache.
I will do that as part of the release.

Thanks.
-Gon

--