Posted to dev@synapse.apache.org by Michael Griffin <mg...@fsenablers.com> on 2007/03/20 22:25:35 UTC

Unable to build from trunk with maven

Hi all,

I'm not able to build the latest code using maven.  I'm getting a message
that org.apache.axis2:axis2:jar:SNAPSHOT is missing.  What is the best way
for me to correct this so that I am run the build with maven.

Thanks,
Griffin

Re: Unable to build from trunk with maven

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.
FWIW I've just done a complete build with -U and it works fine for me now,
and Synapse starts successfully with the addressing module problem gone.
Great stuff Asanka!

   ...ant

Posted by Ruwan Linton <ru...@gmail.com>.
Hi Griffin,

Some more to Asankha; We have another option to get this done without
deleting the m2 repo content (specially when you are working on Axis2 as
well) you can provide a system property to maven to consider the local repo
as some other folder than the default m2 repo by using the following
command.

mvn clean install -Dmaven.repo.local={your_home}/.synapse_m2

This will create a separate local m2 repository when building synapse.....
Although there are disadvantages of disk space, if you are working on some
other projects as well this will be the option. Otherwise when ever you
build Axis2 locally there is a possibility of Synapse build failure.

Thanks,
Ruwan.

On 3/21/07, Asankha C. Perera <as...@wso2.com> wrote:

>  Also please try -U with the mvn command to force updates, and you *may*
> need to delete your axiom, XmlSchema, neethi, Axis2 and rampart *snapshot*
> JARs if any are in your local M2 repo. Will test this later today (:-)) on a
> clean build machine and verify..
>
> asankha
>
> Michael Griffin wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> I'm not able to build the latest code using maven.  I'm getting a message
> that org.apache.axis2:axis2:jar:SNAPSHOT is missing.  What is the best way
> for me to correct this so that I am run the build with maven.
>
> Thanks,
> Griffin

Ruwan Linton