Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Ron Wheeler <rw...@artifact-software.com> on 2005/09/26 14:44:22 UTC

Errors during getting started

I am trying to follow the getting started instructions

The following shows up on the log.

1) The instructions do not mention log4j. Is this from Jetspeed?

2) What is the problem with PortletAggregator?

The mesages continue. I can post more if required.

(org.apache.commons.digester.Digester).
bean with name 'portletValve' defined in ServletContext resource
[/WEB-INF/assembly/pipelines.xml]: Can't resolve reference to bean
'org.apache.jetspeed.aggregator.PortletAggregator' while setting
property 'constructor argument'; nested exception is
bean with name 'org.apache.jetspeed.aggregator.PortletAggregator'
defined in ServletContext resource
[/WEB-INF/assembly/jetspeed-spring.xml]: Can't resolve reference to bean
'org.apache.jetspeed.aggregator.PortletRenderer' while setting property
'constructor argument'; nested exception is
org.springframework.beans.factory.UnsatisfiedDependencyException: Error
creating bean with name 'org.apache.jetspeed.aggregator.PortletRenderer'
defined in ServletContext resource
[/WEB-INF/assembly/jetspeed-spring.xml]: Unsatisfied dependency
expressed through constructor argument with index 2 of type
[org.apache.jetspeed.aggregator.WorkerMonitor]: Did you specify the
correct bean references as generic constructor arguments?
[...]
   at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createArgumentArray(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:629)

   at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.autowireConstructor(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:502)

   at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:306)

Re: Errors during getting started

Posted by Ron Wheeler <rw...@artifact-software.com>.
Thanks for taking the time to add some more details.
This should work its way into the Jetspeed documentation for Eclipse users.

Ron

Posted by Aaron Evans <aa...@yahoo.ca>.

Posted by Ron Wheeler <rw...@artifact-software.com>.
Excellent. This looks like the guidance that I was seeking.

I have a little trouble parsing your item 3. Can you clarify this?

Are you going to add your ant tasks to the wiki or someplace where we
can have a look at them.

Ron

Posted by Aaron Evans <aa...@yahoo.ca>.

Posted by Rohnny Moland <rm...@gmail.com>.

Re: Errors during getting started

Posted by Ron Wheeler <rw...@artifact-software.com>.
Thanks for confirming that it is not just my mistake.
I downloaded a binary distribution and got it working with HSQL but not
MySQL yet.

I am now trying to figure out how to organize the development
environment to customize the portal.

I would like to get the whole thing setup under Eclipse but I have not
yet found the instructions about how a web designer uses Jetspeed
without becoming a Jetspeed developer. I hope to be able to figure out
the boundary betwen Jetspeed and a Jetspeed application. I need to get
this set up and turned over to my graphic artist to customize in a way
where updates to Jetspeed do not mess up the application.

Ron

Posted by Rohnny Moland <rm...@gmail.com>.

Re: Errors during getting started

Posted by Ron Wheeler <rw...@artifact-software.com>.
I was following the getting started pretty literally.

maven -DartifactId=maven-jetspeed2-plugin -DgroupId=jetspeed2 -Dversion=2.0-M4-SNAPSHOT plugin:download

On a separate track, I have downloaded the binary release from
http://apache.mirror.rafal.ca/portals/jetspeed-2/

 jetspeed-current-Tomcat-5.5.9.zip <http://apache.mirror.rafal.ca/portals/jetspeed-2/jetspeed-current-Tomcat-5.5.9.zip>

I have got this to work out of the box except for perl portlets since it
is installed in a place that is different from what Jetspeed expects.

Now I am not sure how to move forward - try to figure out how to extract
the modifyable parts of the binary and set up an eclipse project to go
forward or go back and try to fix up my "getting started" track which
seems to have all te deployment stuff worked out - except for the
"working" part.

I suspect that I might have a problem with the database on that track. I
was trying to use MySQL since I already have it working for other
applications and like working with RDBMS. I may try the "GettingStarted"
track using HSQL to see if that works.

Any advice greatly appreciated since I have a lot to do once I get a
development environment set up. This is supposed to be the easy part.

Ron

Posted by Rohnny Moland <rm...@gmail.com>.