Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Glinn Cortez <gl...@cypress.com> on 2002/09/27 07:44:42 UTC

Inquiries...

Hi, I'm new in using Tomcat 4.0. I have installed Tomcat in my PC. I
have also already installed JDK in my PC. What are things I need for me
to start using Tomcat by running .jsp files? What are some database
server that are compatible with Tomcat.

Please help me sort out these things. Thank you very much.

Regards,
Glinn

Re: Inquiries...

Posted by Kwok Peng Tuck <pe...@makmal.com>.
You need some text editor to write your jsp(s),
A jdbc driver for your db of choice.
And some patience.

Re: Inquiries...

Posted by danox <da...@cucurucho.org>.
you have everything that you need to start using tomcat on your pc.
any database that has a jdbc driver is compatible with tomcat.
the web is your friend. you will find allot of information there.

Re: Inquiries...

Posted by Nani Jon <na...@yahoo.com>.
Glinn:
The best place to start is by reading the documentaiton for tomcat. It is a java application. You can use any RDBMS which supports jdbc. The list includes Oracle, Informix, Sybase, Postgres, etc.
Cheers,
Nanijon.
 Glinn Cortez wrote:Hi, I'm new in using Tomcat 4.0. I have installed Tomcat in my PC. I