Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Lyndon Maydwell <ma...@gmail.com> on 2007/09/17 11:33:13 UTC

free disk space

Hi again, a bit of an urgent question,

Can I delete the temporary files in /tmp/hadoop-ceims/ without any bad
concequences?

I have run out of system space and cannot reboot at the moment.

Re: free disk space

Posted by Lyndon Maydwell <ma...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Doğacan,

I went ahead and did this anyway after chcking that they weren't being
used, and all was well, but does nutch usually take up this much space
in temp files?

I'm running the crawl on a server that never gets restarted, so I
can't have all the drive space used up like this. I can write a cron
job to regularly remove the files, but this seems a bit haphazard.

Thanks again for your reply,

Lyndon.

Re: free disk space

Posted by Doğacan Güney <do...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On 9/17/07, Lyndon Maydwell <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi again, a bit of an urgent question,
>
> Can I delete the temporary files in /tmp/hadoop-ceims/ without any bad
> concequences?
>
> I have run out of system space and cannot reboot at the moment.

If you have no jobs running currently, and no MR node or DFS node on
that machine then you can safely delete temporary directory.

--
Doğacan Güney