Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Jim Alateras <ji...@comware.com.au> on 2007/05/17 06:15:59 UTC

Cleaning the database

What is the best way to clear the database that stores persistent
messages? I am using an embedded broker and the mysql database, which
is shared with other applications.

Re: Cleaning the database

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 5/18/07, Jim Alateras <ji...@comware.com.au> wrote:
> James Strachan wrote:
> > On 5/17/07, Jim Alateras <ji...@comware.com.au> wrote:
> >> What is the best way to clear the database that stores persistent
> >> messages? I am using an embedded broker and the mysql database, which
> >> is shared with other applications.
> >
> > You can purge individual queues via JMX; or just drop & recreate the
> > database in mysql :)
> >
> thanks James, can you point me a URL that describes the activemq
> database schema.

No its created on startup. Note if you're using the journal with
ActiveMQ for performance, deleting messages in the database before
checkpointing could cause confusion (i.e. they may come back next
checkpoint).

--
James
-------

Re: Cleaning the database

Posted by Jim Alateras <ji...@comware.com.au>.
James Strachan wrote:
> On 5/17/07, Jim Alateras <ji...@comware.com.au> wrote:
>> What is the best way to clear the database that stores persistent
>> messages? I am using an embedded broker and the mysql database, which
>> is shared with other applications.
>
> You can purge individual queues via JMX; or just drop & recreate the
> database in mysql :)

thanks James, can you point me a URL that describes the activemq
database schema.

cheers
</jima>

Re: Cleaning the database