Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Ola Ogunneye <OO...@adventisthealthcare.com> on 2004/03/23 14:39:30 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache on port 8080

Hello all,

I know that it is possible to run Apache on port 80, 81, or 8080. My
problem is that I need to confirm that other than port 80, one must
append the url with the port number?

I am trying to install a webserver and an Exchange server on the same
box, Outlook Web Access defaults to port 80 as well, so I was just
wondering if I use 8080 for Apache, does that mean I must always put the
port number in the url. Like  http://www.mydomain.com:8080 I will be
dealing with people that just want to type www.mydomain.com so please
confirm to me if the 8080 would require appending the port number on the
url.

Thanks

Ola

Re: [users@httpd] Apache on port 8080

Posted by "Eimantas \"EnC\" Vaičiūnas" <ei...@lietuvoje.lt>.
Ola Ogunneye wrote:

>Hello all,
>
>I know that it is possible to run Apache on port 80, 81, or 8080. My
>problem is that I need to confirm that other than port 80, one must
>append the url with the port number?
>
>I am trying to install a webserver and an Exchange server on the same
>box, Outlook Web Access defaults to port 80 as well, so I was just
>wondering if I use 8080 for Apache, does that mean I must always put the
>port number in the url. Like  http://www.mydomain.com:8080 I will be
>dealing with people that just want to type www.mydomain.com so please
>confirm to me if the 8080 would require appending the port number on the
>url.
>
>Thanks
>
>Ola

Hi

You should add Listen directive (Apache 2.x.x) or Bind (Apache 1.x.x)
directive to your httpd.conf  file.

Re: [users@httpd] Require file-owner doesn't work with ldap??

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On Fri, 9 Apr 2004, Hafid AIT IFRANE wrote:
> I don't understand why it doesn't work while "require valid-user" does. I'm
> connecting to an LDAP server to authenticate and this is my config in
> httpd.conf : ( Apache 1.3.26-0woody3)

As far as I know, "file-owner" is available only with mod_auth, not with
any other authentication module.

>      <Limit GET POST OPTIONS PROPFIND>

Please read the docs on <Limit> to find out why you don't really want it
here.

Joshua.

[users@httpd] Require file-owner doesn't work with ldap??

Posted by Hafid AIT IFRANE <ha...@inapg.fr>.
Hi all,

I still have problem with "Require file-owner" directive. I get an error
401 (authorization required) but i'm sure to give the valid credentials to
acces te directory.

I don't understand why it doesn't work while "require valid-user" does. I'm
connecting to an LDAP server to authenticate and this is my config in
httpd.conf : ( Apache 1.3.26-0woody3)

LoadModule auth_ldap_module /usr/lib/apache/1.3/auth_ldap.so
LoadModule auth_module /usr/lib/apache/1.3/mod_auth.so

<Directory /home/*/*/public_html>
Dav On
AuthName "Tests de reconnaissance de user LDAP pour apache"
AuthLDAPURL ldap://bianca.inapg.inra.fr:389/ou=People,  o=inapg, c=fr?uid?sub
AuthType Basic

     <Limit GET POST OPTIONS PROPFIND>
         Order allow,deny
         Allow from all
         #Require file-owner  (this doesn't work, but the following line does)
         require valid-user
</Directory>

I precise that authentication works locally on my server with the
username/password i use to connect to apache (wich gives me an error 401).
I think i'm missing something but i don't know what. Any idea?

Thank you for your answer.

-
Hafid AIT IFRANE
INA P-G