Posted to dev@accumulo.apache.org by Roshan Punnoose <ro...@gmail.com> on 2013/12/03 21:46:52 UTC

Re: Current Work on Accumulo in Hoya

I am trying to run Hoya on a Kerberos Secure cluster. I believe I have all
the keytabs in place, and have been able to run mapreduce jobs with my
user, etc. However, when I run the "hoya create" command I get this
exception:

org.apache.hadoop.security.AccessControlException: Client cannot
authenticate via:[TOKEN]
at
org.apache.hadoop.security.SaslRpcClient.selectSaslClient(SaslRpcClient.java:170)

I thought that Hoya should be using Kerberos instead of the TOKEN.

Also noticed that the SASL NEGOTIATE is responding with "TOKEN" as well:

2013-12-03 20:45:04,530 [main] DEBUG security.SaslRpcClient - Received SASL
message state: NEGOTIATE
auths {
  method: "TOKEN"
  mechanism: "DIGEST-MD5"
  protocol: ""
  serverId: "default"
}

That doesn't seem right either. Is there something I might be missing?

Posted by Billie Rinaldi <bi...@gmail.com>.
The stdout and stderr should go to files under
$YARN_LOG_DIR/userlogs/<appid>/<containerid>.  That is, unless you set
yarn.log-aggregation-enable to true in your yarn site file.  In that case,
logs will get aggregated into HDFS, and you can access them with the "yarn
logs" command.

Posted by Roshan Punnoose <ro...@gmail.com>.
Nice! That works perfectly. It makes sense that even the accumulo shell
would need to know where Hadoop/Zookeeper jars exist.

Posted by Billie Rinaldi <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Roshan Punnoose <ro...@gmail.com>.
I get:

Posted by Eric Newton <er...@gmail.com>.