Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by KeyEvent <ke...@yahoo.com.cn> on 2004/04/10 17:01:10 UTC

plz help on user role mapping

Hi there

I can now add some users under /users folder as SubjectNode. But the proble is that I can not find a way to assign the role to them, for example, if I added an user call admin and want to him to act as root, how can I do so?

Thanks for any advice.

Regards

惠普TT游戏剧,玩游戏,中大奖!

Re: plz help on user role mapping

Posted by KeyEvent <ke...@yahoo.com.cn>.
Thanks a lot, I will go and have a try.

Peder Nordvaller <pe...@vitaminapplications.se> wrote:
Hello,

I am too looking for some tips on how to create users, assign roles and
creates groups and permissions. I think I've found out how to assign a role
by some hints at the bottom of this page:
http://jakarta.apache.org/slide/howto-acl.html

Just set the property 'group-member-set' of the role so that it contains a
href to the new user. I.e. concatenate it with "xmlns:D='DAV:'>/users/newuser" and the user should get that role.
This makes the webdav servlet work for new users at least.

Regards, Peder

Posted by Peder Nordvaller <pe...@vitaminapplications.se>.
Hello,

I am too looking for some tips on how to create users, assign roles and
creates groups and permissions. I think I've found out how to assign a role
by some hints at the bottom of this page:
http://jakarta.apache.org/slide/howto-acl.html

Just set the property 'group-member-set' of the role so that it contains a
href to the new user. I.e. concatenate it with "<D:href
xmlns:D='DAV:'>/users/newuser</D:href>" and the user should get that role.