Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Sven Reimers <sv...@gmail.com> on 2018/06/13 16:28:16 UTC

[90 branding] Position and color of progress bar/text

Hi,

just tried the latest branding changes from release90 branch, I think we
should check if the progress color fits the other colors form the new
splash screen.

During startup I recognized that the progress bar seems to be to far to the
bottom (hiding a bit of the logo on the left).

Last thing: the text displayed on the progress bar is now unreadable and
should be in another color.

Anyone of the design team able to figure out correct values? Should we
track 3 different issues? I think all of those need fixing...

BTW. The splash screen on the master branch also says 9.0 - I think this
should be "dev" - so 4 issues?

Thanks

-Sven

Re: [90 branding] Position and color of progress bar/text

Posted by Sven Reimers <sv...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I opened an issue and attached a solution, incl. the necessary patch.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NETBEANS-956

-Sven

On Wed, Jun 13, 2018 at 6:36 PM Emilian Bold <em...@protonmail.ch>
wrote:

> Good point. We should also define some new 'brand colors' we could use in
> various places.
>
> I think David mentioned wanting to do some grander UI design which I
> assume would include a color palette.
>
> --emi

Sven Reimers

* Senior Expert Software Architect
* Java Champion
* NetBeans Dream Team Member: http://dreamteam.netbeans.org
* Community Leader  NetBeans: http://community.java.net/netbeans
                              Desktop Java:
http://community.java.net/javadesktop
* JUG Leader JUG Bodensee: http://www.jug-bodensee.de
* Duke's Choice Award Winner 2009

* XING: https://www.xing.com/profile/Sven_Reimers8
* LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/svenreimers

Re: [90 branding] Position and color of progress bar/text

Posted by Emilian Bold <em...@protonmail.ch>.