Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Aman Arora <AA...@manh.com> on 2014/09/15 13:39:55 UTC

Minimum set of libraries required to use Jackrabbit JCR implementation?

Hi,

I am planning to user Jackrabbit for developing an online document library. To develop simple POCs, i have put the jackrabbit-standalone.jar inside my class path and everything works fine.
But on opening the jackrabbit-standalone.jar, i found out that it's a web project in itself. I copied all the jars from jackrabbit-standalone.jar/WEB-INF/lib and kept in my class path and my project again works fine.
My concern here is that I don't want to keep any extra jars in my project. So my question is :
*         What are the minimal jars which are required to interact with Jackrabbit repository?
*         What is the best way of using jackrabbit in a web project, as per enterprise standards. Is it using standalone jar in the class path or using only the required jars?

Thanks & Regards,
Aman Arora
Software Engineer | EEM -R&D
Manhattan Associates, India

Re: Minimum set of libraries required to use Jackrabbit JCR implementation?

Posted by Michael Dürig <md...@apache.org>.
Hi,

The simplest way to manage dependencies is by using Maven. The Maven
dependency plugin provides you with a list of all dependencies e.g.
dependency:tree or dependency:list.

Michael