Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by frank chen <xi...@yahoo.com> on 2006/07/04 03:15:33 UTC

Can not receive/send email from/to applicaiotn of JavaMail+James+Linux

Greeting....

I developed a testing java email application using
JavaMail, James running on Linux, to send an email to
myname@yahoo.com.

I also setup a correct doamin name and dns server.
configure the james's config.xml file based on the
info I got from FAQ on  Apache James web site(i.e. add
the james ip address to  <authorizedAddresses>, etc.).
I am using port non-25 port (as 25 is used by other
application) for james's smtp.

The java application works fine without any complain.
James also received the email message under
.../var/mail/outgoing/, without problem.
I checked the file .....Repository.FileObjectStore,
the content is correct (i.e. the email message my java
email applicaiton generated,including from, to...).

but I just could not get email at myname@yahoo.com.

Also, when I try to send an email from
myname@yahoo.com to an email account created under
James, yahoo failed to send email to my james account
too.

I guess that I may still have to do some configuration
work somewhere else, but do not know what they are.

Would some experts provide some help?

Thank you in advance!

Frank

Re: Can not receive/send email from/to applicaiotn of JavaMail+James+Linux

Posted by frank chen <xi...@yahoo.com>.
Santosh,

Thank you for the quick response.
I checked the bulk mail. no luck.