Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Ashish <pa...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/22 15:17:18 UTC

[SSHD] sshd example and documentation

Was just curious about using SSHD in a sample application, but
couldn't found an example.
Though there is a sample usage  in SshClient and SshServer classes.

At a first glance would like to add basic usage documentation there,
but don't have the write access to wiki.

--
thanks
ashish

Blog: http://www.ashishpaliwal.com/blog

Re: [SSHD] sshd example and documentation

Posted by Shawn Pearce <so...@google.com>.
On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 06:33, Julien Vermillard <jv...@archean.fr>wrote:

> Le Wed, 22 Apr 2009 18:47:18 +0530,
> Ashish <pa...@gmail.com> a écrit :
>
> > Was just curious about using SSHD in a sample application, but
> > couldn't found an example.
> > Though there is a sample usage  in SshClient and SshServer classes.
> >
> > At a first glance would like to add basic usage documentation there,
> > but don't have the write access to wiki.
>
> First thought : servicemix kernel use it as server console I think. You
> can prolly take a look at this code.

Gerrit Code Review also uses it.  You can browse the server code here:

startup and configuration:

http://android.git.kernel.org/?p=tools/gerrit.git;a=blob;f=src/main/java/com/google/gerrit/server/ssh/GerritSshDaemon.java;hb=HEAD

support classes (public key auth, command factory):

http://android.git.kernel.org/?p=tools/gerrit.git;a=tree;f=src/main/java/com/google/gerrit/server/ssh;hb=HEAD

Re: [SSHD] sshd example and documentation

Posted by Julien Vermillard <jv...@archean.fr>.
Ashish <pa...@gmail.com> a écrit :

> Was just curious about using SSHD in a sample application, but
> couldn't found an example.
> Though there is a sample usage  in SshClient and SshServer classes.
>
> At a first glance would like to add basic usage documentation there,
> but don't have the write access to wiki.

First thought : servicemix kernel use it as server console I think. You
can prolly take a look at this code.
Julien

Re: [SSHD] sshd example and documentation

Posted by Ashish <pa...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 11:48 AM, Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've added you in the mina-committers group, which should grant you
> write access to MINA confluence spaces.

Thanks! I can now see the Edit tab :-)

Just one more thing, I see a lot of project where I can see "Wiki Add
page" privilege on Dashboard like Apache ServiceMix 3.x  (SMX3),
Apache ServiceMix Components  (SMXCOMP), Apache Tiles  (TILES) etc
etc. Am I missing something or we have access by default?

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Re: [SSHD] sshd example and documentation

Posted by Ashish <pa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
I have admin rights on confluence, so just give me your user id and
i'll put you in the mina-committers group.

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 16:36, Ashish <pa...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Yeah, this is on my todo list, but any help would be welcome.
>> Do you have a ICLA filed already ?  If not, this is the first thing to do.
>
> Already did couple of months back :-)

My deep apologies.  I don't know all my fellow committers yet ;-)

> Blame for the missing MINA documentation

Right, but we haven't released SSHD yet.
I will work on that on the coming weeks: both documentation (already
spent some time on the javadocs) and release.

>> To dev: not sure what the policy in MINA is wrt granting access to confluence.
>> Contributing documentation as patches is really painful with
>> confluence, so I'm used to grant access to contributors.
>
> Thanks, at time have some time and can atleast put some docs there

I've checked the permissions and if you are listed as a mina committer
on confluence, you should have write access to the SSHD confluence
space.

> --
> thanks
> ashish

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet
------------------------

Posted by Ashish <pa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.

On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 15:17, Ashish <pa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Was just curious about using SSHD in a sample application, but
> couldn't found an example.
> Though there is a sample usage  in SshClient and SshServer classes.
>
> At a first glance would like to add basic usage documentation there,
> but don't have the write access to wiki.
>
> --
> thanks
> ashish

Cheers,