Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Maxime Petazzoni <ma...@bulix.org> on 2006/01/14 06:07:32 UTC

mod_access_compat broken with new auth code

Hi,

Lately, I've been trying to get Apache HTTPd trunk run Subversion
1.4.0-dev (trunk, too). This includes the new auth code recently merged
and the backward compatibility module mod_access_compat.

I tried to build Apache with the --enable-compat flag at configure time
but it fails on the ap_satisfies function.

Indeed, mod_access_compat implements the ap_satisfies function for
backward compatibility, but the new auth code, mainly represented by the
mod_auth.h header file, use the APR_OPTIONAL_FN_TYPE macro to define an
ap_satisfies function.

There's no problem with that unless you try to build mod_access_compat :
you get the following error :

mod_access_compat.c:373: error: redefinition of typedef 'apr_OFN_ap_satisfies_t'
mod_auth.h:54: error: previous declaration of 'apr_OFN_ap_satisfies_t' was here

The 'apr_OFN_ap_satisfies_t' keyword is here translated from the
APR_OPTIONAL_FN_TYPE macro.

I don't really know how all this is supposed to work yet, but I guess we
could had some conditional build here so that an ap_satisfies function
is only defined in the header file if needed (see attached patch).

Brad, or anybody, any thoughts on this ?

Regards,
- Sam

--
Maxime Petazzoni (http://www.bulix.org)
 -- gone crazy, back soon. leave message.

Re: mod_access_compat broken with new auth code

Posted by Maxime Petazzoni <ma...@bulix.org>.
Okayyy. Forget about that, I didn't see Brad's commit go through. Just
forget about that, it works now.

- Sam