Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by david hawcroft <ab...@yahoo.com> on 2002/08/24 11:18:18 UTC

Can I be a Web Server? How to let users download?

I'm going well, thanks to help I've found here. Apache is working
well and Active Perl is working with it. I can call c progs and perl
scripts I've written from web pages I've created. Excellent.

Next:

1. mine is a standalone machine. When I connect to the internet I get
an IP address don't I, from my ISP? Can I use that address and allow
my Apache server to be accessible from the Web?

2. How do I write a script or a prog or what do I do to allow users
to download files from my site (i.e., on my localsite site,
standalone here, allow me to go through the motions).

Re: [users@httpd] Get me off this LIST

Posted by Rodent of Unusual Size <Ke...@Golux.Com>.
* On 2002-08-29 at 05:42,
  Alan Ross <co...@exo.com> excited the electrons to say:

> Please get me off this list.  I have unsubscribed many times but I
> still get the list messages.

Are you on the digest list?  Note the different address for
getting off that:

#ken	P-)}

"Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Re: [users@httpd] Get me off this LIST

Posted by Steven Pierce <pa...@speakeasy.net>.
What method are you using to unsubscribe??  All you need to do is send an
Email to:  users-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org (from the account that you
subscribed with) and it will take you off the list.  Make it a blank email.

Nothing else is needed.

Posted by Alan Ross <co...@exo.com>.

[users@httpd] Re: Can I be a Web Server? How to let users download?

Posted by Grant Cooper <gr...@nucleus.com>.
You can have a dynamic ip also, just use a free dns service. I use
www.zoneedit.com. And you don't need a domain, but if you do choose to buy
one www.godaddy.com has the cheapest one.

Posted by Esteban <ep...@yahoo.com.ar>.
Hi,

Someone knows if there is a snmp module for apache?? I have found only one
(free), at http://www.simpleweb.org/software/packages/mod-snmp/ but it
doesn´t appear  to work in Red Hat Linux.

Thank You!!
Esteban

> The company that does my domain name allows me to point my url to
> another url (like www.host.com/myaccount ) or another ip address. Check
> them out. www.enom.com, they have a low rate per year imho.
> (this is not an ad, just helping people out)
>
> Glad2help,
>
> Poptart
> poptart@Poptartweb.org
> www.poptartweb.org

Cobertura especial de la Copa Mundial de la FIFA Corea-Japón 2002, sólo en Yahoo! Deportes:
http://ar.sports.yahoo.com/fifaworldcup/

RE: Can I be a Web Server? How to let users download?

Posted by "J. Greenlees" <ja...@shaw.ca>.