Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Neil Benn <ne...@gmail.com> on 2005/04/12 00:30:44 UTC

Redirecting stderr to RotatingFileHandler

Hello,

          Sorry for asking such a basic question but I can't find the
answer in the docs or googling (although I can for Console appender).
Does anyone know how to get sterr to be written into my
RotatingFileHandler.  I can do this by writing my own PrintStream that
will take the stderr and write it out but I have a feeling that this
already exists.  I don;t want to rewrte exisitng code - does anyone
know if this code already exists?

    Thanks, in advance for your help.

Cheers,

Neil

Re: Redirecting stderr to RotatingFileHandler

Posted by James Stauffer <st...@gmail.com>.
I have seen a Java file that provides that functionality somewhere in
the documentation, website, code.  I don't remember where I saw it so
you may ahve to dig a bit.

On Apr 11, 2005 5:30 PM, Neil Benn <ne...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
>           Sorry for asking such a basic question but I can't find the
> answer in the docs or googling (although I can for Console appender).
> Does anyone know how to get sterr to be written into my
> RotatingFileHandler.  I can do this by writing my own PrintStream that
> will take the stderr and write it out but I have a feeling that this
> already exists.  I don;t want to rewrte exisitng code - does anyone
> know if this code already exists?
>
>     Thanks, in advance for your help.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Neil