Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Bruno Borges <br...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/03 22:35:06 UTC

How to activate proxies

I see that there's an option <active> for proxies under settings.xml...

But how to toggle this flag through command-line interface?

Thanks,
*Bruno Borges*
(21) 7672-7099
*www.brunoborges.com*

Re: How to activate proxies

Posted by Barrie Treloar <ba...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Jul 4, 2012 at 6:05 AM, Bruno Borges <br...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I see that there's an option <active> for proxies under settings.xml...
>
> But how to toggle this flag through command-line interface?

I've never bothered, but I dont think you can.

Why would you want to be able swap this value?
settings.xml is a personal settings file.
Either your proxy is on, or it isn't.

I'm stuck behind an NTLM proxy, and whenever I have needed to reach
around our Nexus instance, I just use ntlmaps running locally, edit
the file and keep going.
Just re-edit the file later to turn it off when you need it.

A command line switch isn't going to offer you that much.