Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by ben stainfield <be...@hotmail.com> on 2000/07/14 15:09:16 UTC

apache -tomcat

Method Not Allowed
The requested method POST is not allowed for the URL
/reportserver/demo/ChooseAccount.html.

Apache/1.3.12 Server at cgit57296.cr.sc.andersen.co.uk Port 80

my apache-tomcat conf works for the example jsp and servlets

trying to get my aplication to work homepage works but second link complains
  (see above)  can any body explain to be what this error means, is it
server configuration problem, or is a problem with my code

cheers ben

Re: apache -tomcat

Posted by Ben Kelley <be...@ubsw.com>.
Hi.

You probably have a form somewhere where the action is
/reportserver/demo/ChooseAccount.html. I'm assuming that ChooseAccount.html
is a static HTML file. Apache is telling you that you can't post data to a
static HTML file.

         - Ben Kelley.

RE: apache -tomcat

Posted by dave gray <da...@digiweb.com>.
i was getting this error when my session had expired - i was getting
redirected back to the main login page which was not equipped to handle HTTP
POST

[snip]
> Method Not Allowed
> The requested method POST is not allowed for the URL
> /reportserver/demo/ChooseAccount.html.
[/snip]

RE: apache -tomcat

Posted by "Rob S." <rs...@home.com>.
Hi Ben,

> > Method Not Allowed
> > The requested method POST is not allowed for the URL
> > /reportserver/demo/ChooseAccount.html.

I think I might have seen an answer to this one already, or maybe someone
else asked a similar question =)  It's apache telling you that you can't
POST data to an HTML file.  HTML is plain text, so it can't do anything with
the data POST'ed to it.

- r

RE: apache -tomcat

Posted by David Engelbrecht <db...@transmed.co.za>.
Had the same problem, and fixed it.
It's your mounting points. Get tomcat to look at the correct Directories.