Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ben Stover <bx...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2008/04/09 00:33:08 UTC

How to change default port 8080 in TomCat ?

Hi,

If I want to change the default port 8080 where TomCat is listening to another
port (e.g. 9955) where can I do this?

I gues it must be somewhere in a config xml file. In which exactly?

Ben

Re: How to change default port 8080 in TomCat ?

Posted by David Smith <dn...@cornell.edu>.
All sarcasm aside, take a look at the <Connector ... /> elements in
conf/server.xml.  Change the port attribute to the port number you want
to use.

You didn't specify the tomcat version you are using.  Here's the docs
for tomcat 6.0's HTTP connector:

If this isn't the version of tomcat you are using, browse the docs for
your version.  You could also do something as simple as googling
'Connector site:tomcat.apache.org' to get where you need to be.

--David

Posted by Hassan Schroeder <ha...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 3:33 PM, Ben Stover <bx...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

>  If I want to change the default port 8080 where TomCat is listening to another
>  port (e.g. 9955) where can I do this?
>
>  I gues it must be somewhere in a config xml file. In which exactly?

Even if your religion prohibits READING THE FINE MANUAL during
months without 'Blue Oyster Cult' in the name, a `grep 8080 *.xml` in
the appropriate directories would probably answer the question.

Unless that, too, is prohibited. Regardless, good luck.

And don't fear the reaper. Really.

Re: How to change default port 8080 in TomCat ?

Posted by ib solution <ib...@gmail.com>.
you can change in server.xml. that file you can find in
<tomcat_install_dir>/conf/catalina

on section <Connector port=8080 became  <Connector port=9955

Andy Susanto
for better search
http://www.slashmysearch.com/earn/id/24828
HP : 081513039998