Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Werner van Mook <we...@connecties.com> on 2004/03/04 09:56:05 UTC

formbased login question

Before starting on a quest for more knowledge I thought I ask you all,

I'm building a web app.
A user should be able to login on every page available.
So every page has a form with a loginname and password field.
The form is formatted correctly for form based login.

I'm not using frames!

My web.xml contains :

<login-config>
         <auth-method>FORM</auth-method>
         <form-login-config>
             <form-login-page>/*</form-login-page>
             <form-error-page>/error.html</form-error-page>
         </form-login-config>
     </login-config>

I'm wondering about the <form-login-page> tag.
How to make it clear to tomcat that every page can be a login page.
I haven't tried it yet but I think my solution (/*) will not work.
The testingserver DB is broken and we are using JDBCRealm.

Who has experience with this and is willing to help me?
I would like to know what to fill in in the <form-login-page> tag or
any other way to solve this.

Kind regards,
Werner van Mook