Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by "Kalra, Ashwani" <as...@capgemini.com> on 2010/07/21 17:59:09 UTC

storing errors in session with multiple screens

Hi,

In our Myfaces(1.2x)  application, the business logic is split into multiple screens.   Each page is having validate, Previous, Next button.

Let us say screens are S1... S7

When   user presses the validate button on  S3 screen, he should be able to see the error messages for that screen. (Both page specific and on the fields). When he navigates to S7, he should see the error messages for S7 and so on.  Also when user presses the next button, even if the current page is having errors, I need to move to next page, silently  storing the errors so that if he comes back on this page, I can show the errors.

So  I need to store the errors in session.   Can someone provide inputs if they have done similar thing in their projects.

Regards
Ashwani

</PRE><p style="font-family:arial;color:grey" style="font-size:13px">This message contains information that may be privileged or confidential and is the property of the Capgemini Group. It is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy, disseminate, distribute, or use this message or any part thereof. If you receive this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this message.</p><PRE>

RE: storing errors in session with multiple screens

Posted by Vinaya Tirikkovalluru <vi...@converge.com>.
I have <t:messages> for validations and errorMsg property to have the
other messages. I have 2 types of messages. You could do as you
mentioned depending on your requirement

Posted by "Kalra, Ashwani" <as...@capgemini.com>.
Hi, Thanks for this info.

Posted by Vinaya Tirikkovalluru <vi...@converge.com>.