Posted to dev@isis.apache.org by dsh <da...@gmail.com> on 2014/08/04 20:00:26 UTC

Re: EMF Forms

Hi Dan,

sorry for not replying earlier. I think having a DSL that would be
accompanied by a graphical representation including tool support to edit
that representation would be quiet interesting. Besides Eclipse I as well
worked with Sparx System Enterprise Architect and TogetherJ prio to its
Boralnd acquisition - so we do have something in common there :)

I once as well was fascinated by OCL, tho to me it looked like if you start
to enrich a model that way you somethimes maybe get lost or overwhelmed by
the richness and expressiveness of such models. So probably gold plating in
such circumstances should be omited. I as well ended up with models that
consumed a lot of memory and thus caused the JVM to crash :) These are
tools I evaluated at the time I worked on AndroMDA [1].

And yes tooling and metamodels is certainly something I am interested in!
That is in general and in the context of Apache Isis :)

[1] http://www.andromda.org/case-tools.html

Cheers
Daniel