Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Security Management <li...@secmgmt.com> on 2009/04/08 18:32:34 UTC

HTML warnings for in xhtml theme

All,

Using forms in the xhtml theme creates a 2 column table for *most* items.
The hidden item is not one of them, and gives html warnings for <hidden>
being inside of <table> instead of inside of a <td>.

It's an easy fix by putting the following hidden.ftl in the xhtml theme
directory.  Is there any reason not to do this?

== Start hidden.ftl==

<#include "/${parameters.templateDir}/simple/hidden.ftl" />
<#include "/${parameters.templateDir}/simple/dynamic-attributes.ftl" />
/></td></tr>

== End hidden.ftl ==

Also, I didn't like the checkbox list trying to cram all the boxes on one
line, so I extended that, too, here's the explanation for it:
http://mikeski.net/site/node/16

Mike.

Re: HTML warnings for in xhtml theme

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.
Security Management wrote:
> Using forms in the xhtml theme creates a 2 column table for *most* items.
> The hidden item is not one of them, and gives html warnings for <hidden>
> being inside of <table> instead of inside of a <td>.
>
> It's an easy fix by putting the following hidden.ftl in the xhtml theme
> directory.  Is there any reason not to do this?
>
> == Start hidden.ftl==

> <#include "/${parameters.templateDir}/simple/hidden.ftl" />
> <#include "/${parameters.templateDir}/simple/dynamic-attributes.ftl" />
>
> == End hidden.ftl ==

Hey, that's funny; I just noticed that yesterday.

Dave