Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Will Budic <vi...@gmail.com> on 2010/07/19 11:53:46 UTC

org.apache.felix.service.command.CommandSession

Like the concept of CommandSession in felix. Wonder if it will become a OSGi
standard?
Maybe I am missing it to see it there, anyway still  'am using the felix
implementation, it is good and the right way to go.

Anyway, currently got working bundled web application via OSGi resources
going.
Next step is to enable this from local file system and security going in a
threaded (shared if need be) environment.
This will sound interesting for ISP who want to provide internet
(sub)domains to their customers all controlled
and managed from a central location.

(P.S. Do they care it is PML and XML configured, or if compiled jars are
platform dependent when scripts added do provide perfect execution
regardless of language their customer speaks or resides in? All this thanks
to OSGi servicing model, felix and nonetheless-> PML  [?])

Re: org.apache.felix.service.command.CommandSession

Posted by Christopher Brind <br...@brindy.org.uk>.
On 19 July 2010 10:53, Will Budic <vi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Like the concept of CommandSession in felix. Wonder if it will become a
> OSGi standard?
> Maybe I am missing it to see it there, anyway still  'am using the felix
> implementation, it is good and the right way to go.

It's likely to become a standard at some point.  It is based on OSGi RFC 147
which was in the 4.2 draft spec, but never made it in to the final (probably
due to time constraints).

As well as Felix, Paremus' Nimble product also uses it:
http://www.paremus.com/products/products_nimble.html

Dave Savage wrote an entertaining blog post on it some time ago:
https://blogs.paremus.com/category/rfc-147/

So yes, it's the right way to go, I think most people would agree.

Cheers,
Chris

Re: org.apache.felix.service.command.CommandSession

Posted by Will Budic <vi...@gmail.com>.
This good news as I use it to enable command line with my integration.
I am looking forward to this as there are many people who would like the
power to directly set things via the command line
on any system that runs java to trouble-shoot before hitting the logs. ;)

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.