Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Sunil Pandit <sp...@csc.com> on 2012/12/06 19:35:59 UTC

OSGI Service reference in Camel Context

Hi All ,

I am using FUSE ESB . I have a OSGI service registered in service registry
and have a camel context which has a service reference . The service
reference specifies an interface and a filter . Everything works fine when
the filter  has hardcoded value in the camel context route . Such as filter
=("org.name =xyz ").

What we are trying to do is dynamically provide this filter value therefore
Camel Context can  resolve this reference dynamically . I have tried using
property place holder and read a property , but it seems that the filter
does not process anything other than string .

So my question is what is the other way  to dynamically resolve a service
from camel context. I need to resolve the service on two criteria one is an
interface and other is  property with which that service was registered in
the service registry.

Thanks
Sunil

Re: OSGI Service reference in Camel Context

Posted by Sunil Pandit <sp...@csc.com>.
Thanks for your response. Yes I want to use Blueprint . I am not sure how I
can do in Java code . Do you mean registering servicetracker ?

The filter or the placeholder is supported in service registration but not
in servicereference.

Thanks
Sunil Pandit
CSC

200 West Cesar Chavez., Austin, TX 78701
Financial Services Sector  |  p: +1-512-2755792 | spandit2@csc.com  |
www.csc.com

for such purpose.

From:	"Claus Ibsen-2 [via Camel]" <ml-node
            +s465427n5723799h98@n5.nabble.com>
To:	Sunil Pandit/USA/CSC@CSC
Date:	12/09/2012 08:02 AM
Subject:	Re: OSGI Service reference in Camel Context

Hi

This is really an area of OSGi Blueprint and what it supports.
And possible if Apache Aries Blueprint has some extensions to support
placeholders in filters etc.

You can use Java code to refer to a osgi service with a dynamic filter.
But I guess you want to do this in the blueprint XML file instead?

On Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 7:35 PM, Sunil Pandit <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi All ,
>
> I am using FUSE ESB . I have a OSGI service registered in service
registry
> and have a camel context which has a service reference . The service
> reference specifies an interface and a filter . Everything works fine
when
> the filter  has hardcoded value in the camel context route . Such as
filter
> =("org.name =xyz ").
>
> What we are trying to do is dynamically provide this filter value
therefore
> Camel Context can  resolve this reference dynamically . I have tried
using
> property place holder and read a property , but it seems that the filter
> does not process anything other than string .
>
> So my question is what is the other way  to dynamically resolve a service

> from camel context. I need to resolve the service on two criteria one is
an
> interface and other is  property with which that service was registered
in
> the service registry.
>
> Thanks
> Sunil

Claus Ibsen
-----------------
Red Hat, Inc.
FuseSource is now part of Red Hat
Email: [hidden email]
Web: http://fusesource.com
Twitter: davsclaus
Blog: http://davsclaus.com

below:
http://camel.465427.n5.nabble.com/OSGI-Service-reference-in-Camel-Context-tp5723717p5723799.html

To unsubscribe from OSGI Service reference in Camel Context, click here.
NAML

Re: OSGI Service reference in Camel Context

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

On Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 7:35 PM, Sunil Pandit <sp...@csc.com> wrote:
> Hi All ,
>
> I am using FUSE ESB . I have a OSGI service registered in service registry
> and have a camel context which has a service reference . The service
> reference specifies an interface and a filter . Everything works fine when
> the filter  has hardcoded value in the camel context route . Such as filter
> =("org.name =xyz ").
>
> What we are trying to do is dynamically provide this filter value therefore
> Camel Context can  resolve this reference dynamically . I have tried using
> property place holder and read a property , but it seems that the filter
> does not process anything other than string .
>
> So my question is what is the other way  to dynamically resolve a service
> from camel context. I need to resolve the service on two criteria one is an
> interface and other is  property with which that service was registered in
> the service registry.
>
> Thanks
> Sunil

Claus Ibsen