Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Paul Hammant <Pa...@ThoughtWorks.net> on 2003/07/30 09:14:58 UTC

Incubator PMC chair.

Tis probably not the done thing to nominate yerself for PMC chair, but
given that we have a vacancy, and nobody is popping my name into the
fray, I'd like to propose me.

Who Am I ?

  * Paul Hammant? Aged 35, London based consultant
  * PMC Member for Incubator for a couple of months.
  * Apache committer for a few years.
  * Thoughtworks employee. Self appointed OSS zealot inside TW.
  * Co-Convener of GeekNight in London -
http://www.c2.com/cgi/wiki?GeekNight
  * Frequenter of eXtreme Tuesday Club -
http://xpdeveloper.com/xpdwiki/Wiki.jsp?page=ExtremeTuesdayClub
  * With Java since the beginning, .C# liker (boo!).

What do I stand for ?

  * Peace / Harmony
    - language that unites all, high-esteem.
  * Incubator per se (t'was me with the original imperfect ApacheForge
idea).
  * Empowerment
  * Agile practices (though not to the preclusion of a team empowering
itself to use RUP/Nothing for a methodology at Apache)
  * Short punchy emails (OK OK, I know)

  Any questions?

- Paul

--
http://www.thoughtworks.com -> The art of heavy lifting.
Home for many Agile practicing, Open Source activists...

Re: Incubator PMC chair.

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jagunet.com>.
Just a reminder to all on general@ that only the PMC itself
can "vote" on a chair.

Re: Incubator PMC chair.

Posted by Sam Ruby <ru...@apache.org>.

Re: Incubator PMC chair.

Posted by Rodent of Unusual Size <Ke...@Golux.Com>.
i'd also like to nominate myself to take up this gauntlet..
--
#ken	P-)}

"Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Re: Incubator PMC chair.

Posted by Rodent of Unusual Size <Ke...@Golux.Com>.
Daniel Guermeur wrote:
> Could someone tell us more about this PMC chair vacancy?

the pmc chair provides oversight of the project and reports
to the asf board.  all asf projects have such a person; all
also have a project management committee (pmc) which steers
the project in the right direction.  jim jagielski was the
incubator chair, and he has decided to resign.  he nominated
nicola ken as his replacement.  nicola accepted, there has
been a lot of email, and roy commented that no-one wants the
job.  i think paul's an my responses are in direct reply to
roy's comment.

does that help any?  or is it still unclear?
--
#ken	P-)}

"Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Re: Incubator PMC chair.