Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by Steve Pugh <st...@bristol-city.gov.uk> on 2003/01/16 18:05:37 UTC

Format of XML required in Xindice XML-RPC

I am using version 1.1b from CVS and am using the warfile. My next task is to use XML-RPC to do admin tasks such as creating collections, adding docs, etc.

I would like to use XForms for this because it will enable me to easily post XML up to the xindice servlet. Thus in theory I could write a web-based admin system for xindice consisting purely of xhtml/xforms pages! However I can only find docs on how to use XML-PRC programmatically, not on the correct raw XML format.

>From what I have discovered by looking various info and at the xindice source code, I am guessing I need something vaguely like this (e.g to create a collection):

<methodCall>
  <methodName>run</methodName>
  <params>
    <param>
      <struct>
        <message>CreateCollection</message>
        <collection>/db</collection>
        <name>my_collection</name>
      </struct>
    </param>
  </params>
</methodCall>

However I know this wrong. Can anyone tell me what the correct XML for various commands is?

Thanks,
Steve