Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Maarten van Heiningen <He...@Phonehouse.nl> on 2002/07/03 15:41:47 UTC

updating records in a Mysql db using jsp.

Hi,

I am using a mysql db with jdbc on a win2000 server with Tomcat. I wonder
how I can update or delete items in a row or delete a complete row. I can
select the specific data in the table and put it on the webpage, but I also
want to edit this selected item.

any sugestions?

Maarten

sample code:

<%@ taglib uri="http://jakarta.apache.org/taglibs/dbtags" prefix="sql" %>

<%-- open a database connection --%>
<sql:connection id="conn1">
  <sql:url>jdbc:mysql://localhost/producten</sql:url>
  <sql:driver>org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver</sql:driver>
</sql:connection>

<%-- open a database query --%>
<form name='form'>
<sql:statement id="stmt1" conn="conn1">
  <sql:query>
    SELECT manuf, type, prijs FROM mobile WHERE
manuf='<%=request.getParameter("manuf") %>' AND
type='<%=request.getParameter("type") %>'
    order by 1
  </sql:query>
  <%-- loop through the rows of your query --%>
  <sql:resultSet id="rset2">
position='3'/>"/></td>
      UPDATE mobile SET prijs = ' + price + ' WHERE manuf = ' + manuf + '
AND type = ' + type + '"
      /></td>
  </sql:resultSet>
</sql:statement>
</form>

	<hr height='2'/>

<%-- close a database connection --%>
<sql:closeConnection conn="conn1"/>

Disclaimer

This communication together with any attachments transmitted with it ('this E-mail') is intended only for the use of the addressee and may contain information which is privileged and confidential. If the reader of this E-mail is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient you are notified that any use of this E-mail is prohibited. Addressees should ensure this E-mail is checked for viruses. The Carphone Warehouse Group PLC makes no representations as regards the absence of viruses in this E-mail. If you have received this E-mail in error please notify our ISe Response Team immediately by telephone on + 44 (0)20 8896 5828 or via E-mail at postmaster@cpw.co.uk Please then immediately destroy this E-mail and any copies of it.

Please feel free to visit our website:

UK
http://www.carphonewarehouse.com

Group
http://www.phonehouse.com

AW: updating records in a Mysql db using jsp.

Posted by "Power-Netz (Schwarz)" <sc...@power-netz.de>.

> Hi,
>
> I am using a mysql db with jdbc on a win2000 server with Tomcat. I wonder
> how I can update or delete items in a row or delete a complete row. I can
> select the specific data in the table and put it on the webpage,
> but I also
> want to edit this selected item.

stmt.execute("update ......");