Posted to derby-commits@db.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2005/10/04 21:38:28 UTC

[Db-derby Wiki] Update of "ModuleVersioningGuidelinesReviewDjd1" by DavidVanCouvering

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Db-derby Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by DavidVanCouvering:
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/ModuleVersioningGuidelinesReviewDjd1

- This page contains the full discussion of item DJD1 in the ModuleVersioningGuidelinesReview.
+ This page contains the full discussion of item DJD1 in the SharedComponentVersioningGuidelinesReview.

  '''DJD:''' Don't force commonality just because classes or concepts seem to be somewhat similar.

@@ -12, +12 @@

  Jeremy then sent an email to clarify:

- I mentioned in ModuleVersioningGuidelinesReview about a feature mechanism rather than version numbers and thought I should probably should explain that more.
+ I mentioned in SharedComponentVersioningGuidelinesReview about a feature mechanism rather than version numbers and thought I should probably should explain that more.

  The concern I had with version numbering is that there is a lot of implicit information locked up in a single String or int. As the objective of this is to cater for scenarios where there is skew between consumer and implementation I think it is better to make this more explicit.

@@ -69, +69 @@

  ----

- '''DVC:''' I moved Tomohito's comments as separate items in ModuleVersioningGuidelinesReview as I felt they were separate topics from the discussion of version detection and how to decide if a feature is available.
+ '''DVC:''' I moved Tomohito's comments as separate items in SharedComponentVersioningGuidelinesReview as I felt they were separate topics from the discussion of version detection and how to decide if a feature is available.

  ----