Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Jacqui Caren <ja...@ntlworld.com> on 2006/03/10 11:07:25 UTC

[users@httpd] apologies - apachde post hang problem "fixed"

Recently I posed a problem with file upload form (from any browser) over
~1K. After much investigation, the packets send from the client appeared
OK but what was received was corrupted (missing bytes).

It looks like I have found the problem. Sygate personal firewall! (SPF)
[ Note that apache is running on a remote system (linux via a NAT +
   VPN) and the *browser* runs on windows PCs with SPF installed. ]

When I disable the firewall, the test.sh works as expected.

So not a linux or apache problem - YAY!

Hope this helps others trying to track down mysterious post hangs.

Jacqui

p.s. This is one of those times where the 'check plug first' tests
should have been done before the 'what has changed recently' checks :-)